(🇬🇧 Creative Tour) DAYS OF FLESH & BONE - Nikita Cassidy


Today I’m excited to participate in the Bookstagram & Creative Tour for Days of Flesh & Bone by Nikita Cassidy hosted by MTMC Tours. Join this grumpy yet transforming young woman, her sunshine/cinnamon roll boyfriend (who’s not exactly human), and a cocky fae warrior in an epic slowburn fantasy adventure.

 Title: Days of Flesh & Bone

 Author: Nikita Cassidy

 Series: The Rift Chronicles #1

 Publication Date: January 25th, 2024

 Genres: Romantic Fantasy

 Format: eBook, Paperback

 Purchase a copy: Amazon
 Add on Goodreads!


When life serves up lemons, making lemonade seems easy.

 

But what do you do when college plans are dashed and a remote island near the Canadian border becomes home?

 

Nova Lennox knows one don't befriend the locals, especially not the charming one with a cute dimple.

 

But as she settles into a new life with the family she’s never met, she begins to realize this seemingly idyllic place holds dark secrets.

 

Google Street View? Nonexistent.

 

A lurking wolf? Potentially dangerous.

 

And when a body is discovered in the woods, the real question what hides in the shadows of this mysterious island?

 

***

 

Join this grumpy yet transforming young woman, her sunshine/cinnamon roll boyfriend (who’s not exactly human), and a cocky fae warrior in an epic slowburn fantasy adventure. Perfect for fans of Sarah J. Maas and Jennifer L. Armentrout and for those who’ve longed for a mature Twilight experience (without vampires).

-------


Since this is a Creative Tour, I wanted to take you with me inside the book in a different way than usual. First of all, my little opinion and then I will try to convince you to read it thanks to some wonderful quotes. Yes, because there are many!


Short Review:

 

Have you read the premises mentioned above? Yes? Good, because I can assure you that these are not random words. If you love the fantasy romance genre, with a FMC who, although human, knows how to assert herself in front of those who have self-appointed superiors, or you love a MMC who knows how to defend her but also support her, above all without belittling her... well, this is the story that's right for you!


I literally loved how he fell in love with her first and how he fought for her against everything and everyone, how he is strong but extremely sweet. And yes, I would like a Killian all to myself too!

But I infinitely adored how Nova was able to manage her life without collapsing despite all the difficulties encountered in the past and despite those that are to come. She is the emblem of humanity that can make a difference, fragile but not defenseless, who knows how to use her head and cunning to fight adversity and those who want to harm her.

 

Without going into too much detail, I also strongly invite you not to underestimate the secondary characters either! There are several valid ones that will make their way into your heart. Some that will teach you the meaning of family, others about true friendship and others that will be so controversial that they will intrigue you like few others!

Furthermore, let's not forget that we are still in a fantasy novel and, as such, there will be no shortage of action scenes, giving a nice rhythm to the story and interspersing everything with some scenes tending more towards romance that will make you melt!


Book Quotes:


“You’re right, Nova. I’m glad you feel like joking with me around. Don’t you ever hold back on my account. I truly want you to be comfortable here.” - Jasmin


“We shouldn’t have to endure a lot of things, but life doesn’t ask us whether we want them or not. They just happen.” - Killian


“I like you, Nova. [...] I know you’re leaving, but I can’t stay away. I’d rather have my heart broken by your departure than not being able to see you or know you at all.” - Killian


“I don’t care. I’m just not going to tell her if she insists on keeping us apart.”
“That’s a lot. I just met you a few weeks ago.”
“But it feels like I’ve known you all my life.”

- Killian & Nova


“I could never be mad at you, Nova. […] This—whatever it is that’s happening between us—isn’t about the physical aspect for me. I just want to be with you. However you allow me. And I will never ever let anyone hurt you again.” - Killian


“No wolf has ever left the island. My home is here.” 
“No, Killian. Home is where you make it.”

- Killian & Nova


“It’s okay not to be strong all the time, Nova. It’s really okay to be sad or to be angry. It’s okay to cry too. That’s why you have me. When you are at your lowest, I’ll be your rock.” - Killian


-------


INTL Tour-wide Instagram Giveaway!

Head over to my Instagram account to enter the tour giveaway where one reader will win a paperback copy of Days of Flesh & Bone + the paperback prequel of the series: Reign of Fire & Blood

 

Ends on February 7th, 2024. Winner will be announced on @mtmctours’ Instagram account.



-------

Tour Schedule:

January 29
The Reader and the Chef - Book Blog
@millenial_bookworm - Bookstagram
@misch_is_bookish - Bookstagram
@darkfantasyreviews - Bookstagram

January 30
@rozanne_visagie - BookTok
@abookworld___ - Bookstagram
@ania_gemma_reads - Bookstagram

January 31
Paper Fury - Book Blog
@l.m.durand - Bookstagram
@lilyandthepages - Bookstagram

February 1
@nini_reads26 - BookTok
The Bookerina Blog - Book Blog
@fictionandme - Bookstagram

February 2
@readings_of_kittina - BookTok
@dhirviepages - BookTok
@cinnamonbunreads - Bookstagram
@loreofthebooks - Bookstagram

February 3
Sara Books and Tips - Book Blog
@thebookwebb - Bookstagram
@booksandbasilisks - Bookstagram

February 4
@libraryofsam0 - BookTok
@amy_reads4 - BookTok
@littlemrsspooner - Bookstagram
@jl_books - Bookstagram




--------

About Nikita Cassidy:


In her past life, Nikita was a cute dragon, who lived in another dimension called Aelaterra in a hut right in the ​middle of the magical forest. There, she spent her days reading countless books.

Now she's a human girl who's ready to tell you stories about her homeland.

Instagram


 

Hosted by:



Commenti